I updated the “About Me” section — get to know a little more.
Here some info:
Check out my LinkedIn Profile
Or, snag a copy of my downloadable Resume – in .pdf format
Now, onto business ….
Objective: To work in a full-time, Linux / Storage / Cloud / Virtualization role, which will continue to grow my technical aptitude and interact with customers, all while being part of an energetic team!
|Operating Systems:||Red Hat Enterprise Linux (and forks), Microsoft Windows desktop & server platforms, VMware ESXi through 6.7, Apple OS X|
|Computing Hardware:||IBM XSeries Servers, Dell PowerEdge Servers & Workstations, Intel-based Apple Mac Systems|
|Storage Hardware:||Dell EMC PS Series (EqualLogic) Arrays, Dell EMC Isilon NAS, NETGEAR ReadyNAS|
|Network Hardware:||Cisco Catalyst, Dell Networking (Force10 & PowerConnect) switches, NETGEAR Ethernet switches and Brocade & QLogic Fibre switches|
|Previous Technologies:||3Com/TippingPoint IPS200c, Array Networks SPX2000 SSLVPN, Checkpoint Secure Platform (SPLAT) – NGX R65, Promise Disk Arrays|
|Casual Familiarity:||Ubuntu, Git, SVN, WordPress, openVPN, AWS – EC2, EBS, Route53, Ansible|
|Certified:||RHCE7 #100-012-905, CompTIA Network+ & Storage+, SNIA CSE, VCA5-DCV5, VCA-Cloud|
|Dell Technologies | Dell EMC:||Nashua, NH|
|Sr. Principal Engineer / (SBE | SME)||2018 – PRESENT|
Dell EMC delivers technology solutions that enable people everywhere to grow, thrive and reach their full potential.
- Member of a 9-person pilot program, that made a change from the Dell side of the house (supporting the PS/EqualLogic product), to the EMC side, to support EMC’s Isilon product.
- Created and maintain multiple vSphere environments for team use to simplify deployment of Isilon testing simulators (7.2.1.x -> 8.2.x), along with AD, DNS, NIS, Kerberos and GitLab CE
- Handle and address escalations for front-line engineers, which can be done via chat or phone, as well as live triage with the customer themselves
- Worked a side cross-BU project as lead /solo implementer for multi-vm PS series diagnostic toolset migration from block-based iSCSI on physical hardware to NFS-backed VMs
- Built hands-on lab training for a group of 15 new hires. These labs allowed individual skill growth and new-to-the-phones support engineers to have working systems for issue reproduction; this was a wild success and allowed for hours of saved customer engagement time during ramp-up
|Dell Technologies | Dell EMC:||Nashua, NH|
|Master (later renamed Principal) Engineer / L3||2011 – 2018|
- Support for Dell Storage products in a 3rd-Level capacity on a 4×10 shift, which included:
- EqualLogic, FluidFS and Compellent products
- Direct customer contact via phone, e-mail and desktop sharing services (WebEx)
- Product triage of entire customer ecosystem (server, network, storage), when necessary
- Systems and Storage Administrator for upkeep of the groups Tier 1, mission-critical Oracle Enterprise Linux diagnostic server
- Performance testing of EqualLogic arrays utilizing diskspd, vdBench and/or IOMETER on their respective host Operating Systems
- Implemented version control for support-created scripts
- Script creation for personal and department use, allowing engineers to triage and develop customer-facing action plans in shorter periods of time, allowing for quicker case closure and increased customer satisfaction
- Developed and delivered Linux efficiency training for all local employees and travel to other sites to deliver training as requested
- Assisted and mentored junior engineers, new hires and peer engineers with policies and procedures, along with offering triage recommendations to aid in problem resolution
- 9-time award winner for Individual Performance
|Windsor Pond Condominium Association:||Nashua, NH|
|Volunteer||2005 – Present|
Windsor Pondo Condominium Association is a community of detached condos in Central Nashua, NH.
- Served on the Board of Directors, sitting in all positions, including a seven-year term as President of the Association
- Negotiated a management company change and managed the transition
- Analysis of annual budget, discussions, negotiations – including contractor decisions and contract sign-offs
- Implemented G Suite (gmail/docs/hangouts) for all board members for more streamlined communication and decision making
|O’Loughlin Technology & Computing, LLC:||Nashua, NH|
|Owner||2005 – 2015|
At O’Loughlin Technology & Computing, LLC, I provided technology assistance to home users and small businesses.
- Sold services and products suited to client needs, including myself as the single point-of-contact for all technology needs
- Designed, configured and implemented custom technology solutions for home users and small businesses
- Triaged and resolved system impairments while up-selling products for recurring revenue
- Served as a reseller of avast! Security software for Massachusetts, Maine & New Hampshire-based clients
- Repeat NETGEAR beta tester for Routers, Switches, Firewall and Wireless device hardware and firmware
|Institute for Health Metrics:||Burlington, MA|
|CISO / IT Administrator||2008 – 2011|
Institute for Health Metrics is/was a privately funded not-for-profit organization focused on developing an electronic data analytics system to support quality and operational improvement in hospitals and research in public health and health care services.
- Created, maintained and resolved all issues concerning Red Hat / CentOS Linux Servers, including server VM (and image) creation, OS hardening and Open Source application integration
- Designed, implemented and maintained a scalable VMware ESX 4 virtual environment utilizing 24TB of EqualLogic iSCSI storage and Dell server hardware
- Supported all business units, which included researching and deploying 3rd-party applications to solve business needs
- Administered a Checkpoint NGX R65 firewall cluster, IPSec and SSL VPN devices/networks, Foundry core network switch and Intrusion Prevention System, along with an APC Battery and Cooling Infrastructure
- To secure Meaningful Use, Phase 1 Certification, I designed and demonstrated a secure file transfer process in the event of VPN failure
|PAREXEL | Perceptive Informatics:||Lowell, MA|
|Technical Operations Engineer||2006 – 2008|
PAREXEL is a leading global bio/pharmaceutical services organization that helps clients expedite time-to-market through our development and launch services.
- Installed, configured and maintained workstation and server hardware/software used to support the infrastructure and data capture technologies
- Troubleshot and resolved problems with Production and Infrastructure systems running RHEL, as well as the combined Apache Tomcat and the Java Runtime environment
- Administered 2Gb/s Fibre attached EMC CX3-80 CLARiiON SAN, including RAID group & LUN/MetaLUN creation, migrations and expansions, as well as upgrades to Storage Processors & Disk Array Enclosures as necessary
- Created Bash & Perl scripts to automate software installations, create custom configurations, perform maintenance activities and disaster recovery
- Created Installation Qualification documents to ensure that all hosts and software packages are installed correctly and to specification
- Maintained Dell/CommVault backup system for multiple locations, including monitoring for backup success/failure and data restoration requests
|uReach Technologyes / Priority Call Management :||Wilmington, MA|
|Technical Services Engineer III||2000 – 2006|
uReach provided enhanced communications solutions for small businesses, mobile professionals and personal use.
- Utilizing SecureCRT, supported the proprietary Oryx® intelligent telephone system, which included: diagnosing and resolving incorrect call flow, T1, ISDN & SS7 signaling problems, Operating System and software related issues
- Provided project management for existing customers, including daily updates, project plans, and demo environments for system upgrades
- Traveled both domestic and internationally to customer locations, acting as Customer Service liaison, to perform both troubleshooting and system replacements and/or complete installations
- Provided on-site product training and assisted with necessary network integration requirements
- Handled configuration and migration escalations for proprietary software, working issues until completion
- Served as department Linux server Administrator for file shares, websites and created/maintained script-based backups
- With a reduction in workforce, acted as a Systems Engineer, Field Service Engineer and PBX Administrator, along with my assigned position of Technical Services Engineer III
|Northeastern University :||Boston, MA|
|Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration||June, 2001|
|Dual Concentration:||Management Information Systems / Supply Chain Management|